Cauliflower Gratin Bowl🌱 by @cookingforpeanuts
RECIPE Makes 3 bowls:
* Cut 1 medium cauliflower into bite size florets.
* Steam the florets until tender, about 5 minutes.
* Make the miso cream sauce:
blend on high: 3/4 cup soaked cashews (soaked overnight, or in very hot water for 1 hour),
4 tablespoons cornstarch,
2 tablespoons mellow/ white miso (dissolved in 2 tablespoons water),
2 cups hot water,
4 cloves garlic,
2 teaspoons lemon juice,
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard seed. Set aside.
* Melt 2 tablespoons vegan butter over medium-high heat. Add 1 cup panko breadcrumbs and toast until golden brown. Remove from the heat and mix in 1/2 cup vegan cheese shreds. Set aside.
* Transfer the blended sauce to a medium saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until the white sauce starts to thicken.
* Either: Divide the steamed cauliflower into 3 ovenproof bowls. Add sauce to cover.
* Top with panko cheese mixture.
* Bake at 375F for about 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted and breadcrumbs start to brown. Turn up the heat to 400F and cook until breadcrumbs have browned. ** Or: Place steamed cauliflower into a baking dish. Pour the sauce over florets. Top with breadcrumb cheese mixture.
* Bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Broil for a few more minutes until breadcrumbs have browned.