Creamy Mushroom Soup w/ Barley recipe by @sculptedkitchen
Check out my other pages
@VeganChefRon on youtube
3/4 cup of barley, soaked overnight if possible
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 1/2 cup of boiling water
1/2 cup of dried porcini mushrooms
1 vegetable cube, organic
1 tsp of miso paste
1 tsp of coriander paste
2 TBSP of olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
4 cups of cremeni mushrooms
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of onion powder &garlic powder
1 tsp of garlic paste
A dash of pepper
2 TBSP of lemon juice
2 TBSP of gluten free flour
1 wedge of nut cheese (I use @nutsforcheese, not sponsored)
1/2 cup of cashew milk (optional)
1. Soak your barley overnight. Wash in the morning a few times, discard the water and keep aside.
2. Pour the boiling water over your porcini mushrooms while you prepare the soup. Sieve it out, chop the mushrooms and keep aside. Keep the water aside too.
3. Warm your olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Toss in your onions and cook until softened. I added all my spices, lemon juice carrots and celeries pieces.
4. Add in your mushrooms. Then toss in your GF flour and stir until fragrant and soft.
5. Add in your reserved liquids and vegetable stock and bring to a gentle boil.
6. Add in your barley and cook for another additional 20 minutes or until soft.
7. Add in some vegan cheese to make it SO CREAMY! couldn’t stop eating this!! If you don’t have vegan cheese, sour cream is good too! Or maybe coconut cream.
8. Remove bay leaves. garnish with chives, rosemary/thyme.