Easy Tofu Fried Rice in 15 minutes or less by @purelyplantpowered_ !!
@VeganChefRon on youtube
RECIPE Serves 2
– 1 block of extra firm tofu, pressed
– 1/4 tsp turmeric
– 2 cups of leftover brown rice (or alternatively cook brown rice prior to making this)
– 1 onion
– 1-2 cloves garlic
– 1/2-1 tsp ground ginger (I usually just add it until I like the taste)
– ~300g (12oz) frozen mixed veggies (I used @stahlbushfarms frozen mixed veggies)
– 3-4 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
– 2 tbsp rice vinegar
– 1.5-2 tsp sesame oil
– Chili garlic sauce for topping (I used one by @nakedcoconuts)
Serve with veggie spring rolls (if desired) & top with sliced green onion!
1. Heat up 1-2 tsp of avocado oil in a large non stick pan. Crumble up the tofu, add the turmeric powder and season with salt & pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes until it is just starting to brown. Then remove from heat.
2. Sauté onion & garlic in a bit more avocado oil until soft and then add your frozen veggies to the same pan & cook until veggies are soft(you might need to add a bit of water to get the veggies to soften or cover with a lid).
3. Add your rice, and the scrambled tofu and all remaining ingredients. Adjust seasonings & sauces to your preferences. I kinda just add & taste as I go. Super customizable to your preferences!
4. Next just let it cook for a bit longer until the rice begins to crisp up