High Protein Vegan Omelette by @purelyplantpowered_!!
A terrific vegan omelette idea. Check out @purelyplantpowered_ for other exciting vegan recipes.
@VeganChefRon on youtube
– 1/2 cup of chickpea flour
– 3/4 cup non dairy milk (use soy milk for extra protein!) or water
– ~ 1/2 tsp of turmeric (for colour!)
– ~1/4 tsp smoked paprika
– ~ 1 tsp of garlic powder
– 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
– 2 tsps apple cider vinegar
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– Salt & pepper to taste
– Add black salt (if you have it, I don’t have it gives an even more “eggy “ taste!)
– I sautéed up some bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, spinach with avocado oil, salt & pepper and pan fried some smoky tempeh “bacon”
1️⃣ Add your chickpea flour to a mixing bowl and slowly add water or non dairy milk & whisk until smooth (the mixture is super runny but trust me this is okay!)
2️⃣ Add in the rest of the “egg” ingredients and whisk until combined
3️⃣ Heat up some avocado oil (~1-2 tsps should be enough) in a non stick pan on medium-high heat
4️⃣ Once oil is hot, pour the mixture into the pan and fry on each side for ~4 mins or until a spatula can easily be slid underneath (think like you’re cooking a pancake)
5️⃣ I stuffed my omelette with my veggies and tempeh, then topped my omelette with some avocado and served it with some avocado toast!
*I have also tried sautéing my veggies and then pouring in the “egg“ mixture and then flipping the omelette on to itself and this also worked! So just do whatever you prefer!*