MAPLE GLAZE ACRONE SQUASH RiNGs & QUiNOA PILAF recipe by @veganbunnychef – Check out her site, terrific looking recipes!
Maple Acorn Squash Ring 🎃:
1 Acorn Squash
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut amino
2 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
Olive oil, salt&pepper
– Preheat oven to 400F;
– Wash the squash, no need to peel! The skin would be nicely crispy after roasting. Cut the squash length wise in half then cut into half rings;
– Toss with olive oil, salt and black pepper to taste, lay on a lined baking tray and roast for 20 minutes;
– Meanwhile, mix together maple syrup, coco amino and Tamari sauce;
– When the 20 minutes is up, brush on the glaze and roast for another 10 minutes.
Quinoa Pilaf 🍚:
2 cups cooked quinoa;
1 sweet onion, diced;
1 carrot, diced;
1/2 cup frozen sweet peas;
2 garlic cloves, minced;
1/2 tsp cumin;
1/4 cup veggie stock;
Salt and pepper to taste;
– Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan, sauté onions for 2-3 minutes till slightly caramelized;
– Add garlic, carrots and frozen peas, season with cumin, salt & pepper;
– Pour in veggie stock, simmer till carrots are soft, stir in cooked quinoa.