Scalloped Potatoes in a Creamy Lemon Dill Sauce by @thefoodietakesflight 🍋
What you’ll need:
9×6” baking dish (or any baking dish you have!)
3 raw yukon gold potatoes (600g), peeled and sliced*
Chopped dill, for garnishing
For the Lemon Dill Sauce:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 shallot, diced
1 cup room temperature coconut cream
1/4 cup room temp. water
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped dill
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional but highly recommended)
1 tsp salt, or to taste
1. Heat an oven to 350F.
2. Wash the potatoes and then peel. Slice into 1/4-1/3 inch thick slices. Arrange half of the slices on the baking dish. Set aside the rest of the pieces.
3. In a pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add in the shallots. Cook until tender and aromatic, around 4 minutes. Add in the coconut cream and water. While stirring in a circular motion, add in the flour.
4. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Continue to stir while the sauce simmers over medium heat. Leave to cook until the sauce thickens from the flour. Adjust flavours depending on desired taste. Turn off heat.
5. Pour half of the sauce over the potatoes in the baking dish. Arrange the remaining potatoes for the second layer and then pour the remaining sauce.
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and the topmost later is golden brown on the edges. Garnish with some more chopped dill, if desired. Enjoy while hot! 👉🏼Direct recipe link: https://www.thefoodietakesflight.com/post/potatoes-in-lemon-dill-sauce